Dear Valued Customer,
PPG appreciate the trust you place in us as your paint supplier and partner. This is a very difficult and unprecedented time, we want to emphasise that you can count on us to uphold the health and safety of our employees, customers and stakeholders as our highest priority as we continue to support you in the current environment.
PPG is providing ongoing communications with employees on this issue, encouraging heightened awareness of general hygiene precautions and adjusting business travel guidelines and operations according to the regulations. It is our intention to keep supporting our customers as they operate and we continue to manage our branch and supply chain network in accordance with guidance and restrictions put forward by the government.
We have also taken a cautious and proactive approach to in-person meetings, banning all travel, utilising digital options, and encouraging employees to work remotely where possible.
Within our Automotive Refinish team, including our Brown Brothers Distribution network, we are:
- ensuring all employees who can work from home, are working from home. This includes our field sales team, who are still proactively communicating and liaising with our customers from their home location
- implementing processes at all of our plants, branches and offices to ensure proper hygiene practices and safe operating protocols are in place where people continuing to work.
- continually assessing all of our critical product demands and are actively working to ensure sufficient coverage.
- To date, we have successfully minimized the impact to our supply chain by proactively increasing inventories or utilising and identifying alternative suppliers of high-risk materials. With the continuing spread of Covid-19 and the potential impact on our suppliers’ production operations and logistics, our supply chain team is reviewing all raw material and logistics flows to mitigate potential customer supply issues.
- To further supply chain continuity, PPG commercial teams will work with our customers to ensure we have the most accurate demand representation possible. We are currently reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and raw materials to address longer supply chain delivery times to meet customer demand.
- collaborating with customers and suppliers to ensure any contact between them and our employees for deliveries are minimised and follow guidelines on social distancing.
Thank you for your continued partnership and trust in PPG as we manage through this together.